New Year, New Goals for 2015



Is it really almost 2015?  I'm finding it hard to believe that half of the school year is already over!  As a teacher, I love setting goals and even better meeting those goals!  Today, I'm linking up with my new friend Stephanie from Mrs. D's Corner to share my New Year, New Goals for 2015.

http://www.mrsdscorner.blogspot.com/2014/12/new-year-new-goals-for-2015.html

Personal - I started my weight loss journey last January and then I started attending Jazzercise pretty regularly in August.  I'd been doing pretty good, and then November came.  I totally have been regretting my food decisions and my lack of attending Jazzercise.  My goal is to make a schedule and stick to it!  I also need to start meal planning again.

Professional -  I took a huge break from TpT at the beginning of the school year, and I noticed I hadn't created very much.  Over the last few weeks, I've been creating a lot and it feels so good.  Right now, my goal is to start with more reading comprehension packs.  I would love to structure them with close reading in mind, because I'm always looking for more ways to have my kids respond to the texts that they read.

Planning - My goal for the second half of this school year is to work on planning out my math small group instruction and what I need to re-teach my students.  I have two groups for math, and I want to be more planful...(totally made up that word) when it comes to my small groups.  I want to really hit them hard when I get back in January to get them ready for third grade!

Organization - My station tubs are a mess!  They need some organizational love and some new activities!

Students - Since I love setting goals, I want to have my students set their own reading and writing goals.  Of course I will need to guide them in setting their goals, but I know it will be more meaningful for them when they meet the goals that they set for themselves.

Motto - I shared this motto with my kids at the beginning of the school year and I plan on sticking to it!  There isn't anything that you can't do if you word hard to achieve it.

http://www.mrsdscorner.blogspot.com/2014/12/new-year-new-goals-for-2015.html

Make sure you click on the button above to head over to Mrs. D's Corner to check out some of the other teacher blogger goals and then link up with your own goals for the new year.

No comments

Back to Top