Currently September 2013

I'm so very excited to link up with Farley from Oh, Boy Fourth Grade for her September Currently.  I haven't done a Currently in awhile, and I'm bursting with excitement to finally link up again.  So here goes...


Listening - It has been horrible, friends!  For the past 3 weeks, I have had a constant ringing in my left ear that hasn't gone away.  It has really put a damper on my first week of school.  Apparently, I have fluid in my ear that won't drain.  I did have a tube in that ear but it fell out and now I have to have my adenoids removed.  My surgery is scheduled for Friday and I can't wait to be able to hear out of my left ear again.

Loving - Aren't 3 day weekends the best?  The boys and I went home for the weekend and the hubs and I got to go on a date night.  We went to Alamo Drafthouse to see The Giver.  We even ran into some family members at the same movie!!  My two boys got to enjoy some swim time and they had some bouncy castle fun after church.  It was so relaxing and even though I wanted to work on some TpT stuff, I didn't!  I really needed the away time!

Thinking - Since my surgery is next week, I REALLY need to get some sub plans together.  At least it is a very simple surgery and I only need to make plans for one day :).

Wanting - Sorry that this Currently is all about my wonky ear, but it's been very heavy on my mind.  I hate to wish away time, but I really need to be able to hear again.  Come on FRIDAY!!

Needing - Is it really 10:30....YIKES!!  I need to be in bed soon!

3 Trips -
South Africa - I just got done watching Blended on Friday and I TOTALLY want to visit South Africa.  It's gorgeous!  Plus my sorority sister, Kacy, lives there and I would love to visit her and help with Ten Thousand Homes.  You can read about it here

P.S. If you haven't seen Blended, you have too!  It's the cutest slash funniest movie I've seen in awhile!

Chicago - My BTF (Best Teacher Friend) Amy lives in Chicago and every year I've wanted to go visit her.  This next summer, it's my goal to finally make it a reality.

Paris - It's been on my wish list since forever.  It would just be a romantic place to visit with my hubs.

Thanks for reading my Currently!  I hope you link up as well!

3 comments

  1. I just watched Blended on Friday too! It was hilarious! I loved the kids in that! I hope your ear gets better soon!

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! I am so sorry to read about your ear! :( I hope the surgery fixes it all quickly and that you feel better soon. How awful especially right at back to school time!
    I saw that you are a dual language teacher. Do you teach the English portion or Spanish? Or is it done in your area where you do both? I would love to be fluent in more than one language! I took Spanish in high school and college, but it hasn't stuck with me very well!
    I hope you have a great week at school, and a healthy one with no ear ringing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie! So sorry about your ear troubles. I know how hard it is to teach when my ears are just stopped up, so I am hoping yours is better soon. I forgot about The Giver being on so I will have to make sure we go and see it this weekend. I read all the books last spring (again) and liked them as much The Hunger Games- if not more! Get better soon!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top