You Oughta Know About Remind 101

http://buzzingwithmrsmcclain.blogspot.com/

I'm joining Jasmine from Buzzing With Mrs. McClain for her fabulous You Oughta Know blog hop.  I was so excited to join in the hop last month, and I was even more excited to join in again.  Let's get started.

I think you oughta know about....Remind 101.  Do you struggle with sending home reminders to your classroom parents?  I know I did and then I found Remind 101.

https://www.remind.com/

It's free to sign up and super super easy to send messages.  The best news is that the parents don't see your phone number, so it is totally safe to use.  Your parents will just text your class code to the phone number given when you sign up.  There is also an app that they can download to receive the messages.

My favorite part is that you can schedule messages to be sent on a certain date and time.  How awesome is that for all of us busy teachers?

https://www.remind.com/

I hope you are able to use Remind 101 in your classroom this year.  It has been a real time saver for me!

Now that you've read my You Oughta Know blog post, click on the blog links below to read about other cool things that will help you in your classroom.


6 comments

  1. I LOVE Remind 101! Awesome resource. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Best wishes!
    Jen
    TeacherKarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tool for parent communication! Its so easy to miss a note home but what parent isn't glued to their smartphone these days?!?

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using it for a couple of years now and love it too! Except it's not Remind101 anymore, they've changed it to just Remind. My trouble is, no matter how much I've tried, half my class is not signing up this year! Help! What do others do to get the parents to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, my plan is to remind the ones that haven't signed up during parent conferences in October. I'll have a qr code to sign up on the table to share. I hope that helps you :).

      Delete
  4. I love this app. How do you get all the parents to sign up? Teaching Science With Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda, I have a few that aren't signed up :( but I did put out a qr code to join at open house night. That helped a lot!

      Delete

Back to Top