Programming Ozobot Mazes


In my last ozobot blog post, I discussed how my students plan and build their ozobot mazes. The next step in this project is to program the ozobot to navigate through their mazes. I have the students complete the programming in the classroom. I have my class setup using a station-rotation model, so they work on the maze programming as a small group station. I give them two class periods, which ends up being about an hour that they spend on the programming.


We use ozoblockly to program the ozobots. I have used ozoblockly mostly on chromebooks and iPads. It works great on either device but you need to make sure that your device has the brightness turned up all the way. The ozobot reads the color codes from the device's screen, so bright is what it needs.

Here is a video that I created to show you how we use ozoblockly to program the ozobots to navigate through the mazes.


I hope you are able to use this ozobot engineering project in your classroom. I would love to hear how it goes and I would be happy to answer any questions that you leave in the comments. My students love this project and I know yours will too.




No comments

Back to Top