Finally...Classroom Tour 2014-2015

Ok, so I'm a little late but here is a tour of my classroom.  Better late than never....right?!?!


This year I decided to continue with the bright chevron and polka dot patterns, but I added a lot of black elements for a more simple and clean look.  I still have a few pieces that I'm working on....my husband is painting my storage tubs and I'll share some pictures as soon as he finishes :).

First up is my small group table/desk.  I ditched my desk about five years ago, and I haven't gone back!  I love having all of the extra space in my room and the cute little organizational bins that I use instead of desk drawers.


I got these awesome black stools at Jo-ann Fabrics and my kiddos LOVE them!  My goal is to recover my teacher chair, but it hasn't happened yet.  You can also see the bulletin board that I painted.  I used Behr premium paint from the Home Depot and the name of it is Beluga.

Here is a closer look at my organizational drawers.  The labels are editable and they are from Learning in Wonderland and you can find them HERE.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lets-Get-Organized-Melonheadz-Kids-Edition-Teacher-Toolbox-and-More-1270171

Another one of my favorite parts of my room, is my new focus wall.  I love that my students use it as a reference each day.


The bunting banner is my favorite and I got it from the party aisle at Target.  I got the gum ball machine and strawer dispenser from Amazon.  They dispense erasers and pencils.  My students were not handling the eraser dispenser very well, so the sign says "no erasers today."  Hopefully, they will earn them back soon.  The pencil dispenser label and eraser subway art are from the very talented Hope King.  The turquoise frame is from Michaels.  Also, you can see my black pocket chart for workstations in the corner.  I had a blue pocket chart that I used RIT dye to make it black.


These are my students' math tubs.  Inside the tubs are base-ten blocks, unifix cubes, and some dice.  Later I add a few more things, but for now that is all that is inside.  I got the green tubs at Dollar Tree.


Here is a quick look at my writing table and word wall.  I'm in love with the chalkboard alphabet that is above the bulletin board.  I found the chalkboard writing decal at Michael's.  It came with two handwriting lines, but I cut it in half and it was long enough to fit the whole alphabet.  The word wall headers are also from Hope King.  You can find them HERE.

Here is my students' favorite part of the classroom...the class library.


I only made a few changes this year, I tried to open up the space a little more by taking away some of the shelving.  I also FINALLY found a big book tub.  I was in love with the one that Reagan Tunstall has but I never could find one.  One day, my husband suggested looking at a Supply Store and I found one!  I got this one at Tractor Supply and my hubby spray painted it for me.


I also added a "please read" section to the library.  These are books that I will use during our class read aloud time and that I want the kids to read before hand.  They can read them independently or with a buddy.  It gives them more background knowledge before the lesson.

Last but not least, I wanted to share my table groups.  I changed two main things this year.  Last year, I had huge supply tubs on the tables and they always got in the way.  I found these small pencil trays at Jo-Ann Fabrics and they matched my colors perfectly.  They work great and they can easily be moved out of the way during group work.


I also wrote numbers on the desk this year with a sharpie marker.  Since I teach in a Dual Language classroom, my kids are constantly moving desks and it's easier than writing their names and moving the desk around.  It is perfect for our class!

I hope you enjoyed looking into my classroom this year.  Please visit Just a Primary Girl's linky party to see other wonderful classrooms.



http://justaprimarygirl.blogspot.com/2014/08/setting-up-success-classroom-pictures.html

1 comment

  1. Love your room! It feels so cozy. =). You mentioned you taught in a Dual Language classroom...what is the other language? I teach in one as well...English and Spanish. =). Hope you have an amazing year.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top