You Oughta Know About...Xtra Math!

http://buzzingwithmrsmcclain.blogspot.com/ I'm linking up with Buzzing With Mrs. McClain for the "You Oughta Know About..." blog hop to share with you a Math Facts website that I used last year with my kids.  I think that teachers "oughta know about" Xtra Math!

https://xtramath.org/

I know that we all have a love hate relationship with math facts and getting kids to practice their math facts can be frustrating at times.  I  heard about Xtra Math at the beginning of last year at a math training.  I signed up my class that night and it was super easy.  Plus it's free!  Nothing can bet that right?!?!

I have two different math classes, so I created two lists of students and named them their class names.  I would open XtraMath on one of the class computers and then the first student would click on their class name.


Then the first student would put in their Student Pin.  I gave each student their pin ahead of time and had them write it on the back inside cover of their math journal.  It was a great place to store our pins and none of my students ever asked for their pin again.

I don't have my classes divided into groups just yet, so I just added my name to show you guys what it looks like.  When you enter your students' names, it will give you the student pin numbers.  I gave each student their pin number ahead of time and had them write it on the back inside cover of their math notebook.  That way they always had their pin number with them.  After awhile, most of my students were able to memorize their pin number because it's only 4 digits.


 It's also great because once the first student is finished with their math fact practice, it goes to the next student on the list.  If the student is absent or busy, the first student has the option of selecting the busy or absent button below.  Then it just goes on to the next student.

The very first time the students log in, it gives them an intro video to watch to help them get started.  Then it gives them a math facts quiz based on the grade level you entered.  In second grade, it starts with an addition quiz.  It keeps track of the facts that the student missed and you can view the reports online.  My students really enjoyed XtraMath and even reminded me when I forgot to turn it on.  I can't wait to use it with my kids this year.


3 comments

Back to Top