Week Four: Tips on How to Stay Refreshed



Today is my first day of school with students and I'm super excited to start off this school year with a bang!  One of the things that I want to work on as a teacher is to work at staying refreshed throughout the school year.  I'm super guilty of worrying and stressing myself out over nothing.  I know I need to work on that.


So, I'm linking up with Mrs. D's Corner for her final Building Blocks of B2S to share my top four tips that I'm working on this year to help stay refreshed.  I hope you'll work on these with me.


Find something that you LOVE to relieve the stress!  

Do you love to read or take long baths?  You need to find something that helps you de-stress and stick with it.  My de-stressing thing is Jazzercise.  I go to the late class at 7:30 almost every evening.  I would love to go to a morning class but since my school starts at 7:15, it's not possible for me.


A few of the reasons why I love Jazzercise is that I can punch and kick and the stress is gone.  Plus, they have awesome music and fun challenges to help me stay motivated.  Jazzercise really helps me keep the stress away!  Make sure you find something that helps you keep the stress away!


Leave work at work!  

That's right, you read that right!  I'm totally guilty of NOT doing that and it's caused a lot of extra stress and has taken away from time with my family.  This is my tenth year of teaching and this is something that is a must for me this school year.  I know that I'll have to shut my door at times and tell people that I'll have to talk later, but I'm going to have to do it.  Both of my boys are growing so fast and I need to have nights and weekends to really spend time with them.


Stay late a few days but have a few days set to leave on time!

This is another thing that I struggle with but it's something that I need to follow through with.  If I'm always at school late, I'm never going to be able to refresh.  My goal is to stay late on Mondays and Wednesdays but to leave on time or shortly after the other three days.  I can leave at 3:15 and I think before 3:45 would be great for those three days.  My boys deserve that :).


Make time for you!

As teachers, we often forget to make times for ourself.  Spend time with friends, get a pedicure, go shopping, go to the movies with your husband or wife .... Make time for you and don't feel guilty about it!


I hope those tips help you stay refreshed this school year.  This is my tenth year and I need to make it count and stay refreshed.  I know it will help make me a better teacher for my students.

How do you stay refreshed during the school year?






No comments

Back to Top